Sunday, February 26, 2012

Unstoppable

I had a breakthrough today.  These are my thoughts.  How I am seeing things.  This is  very personal.

About two years ago in some soul searching I unsurfaced a sense of feeling unheard.  It was a pain I couldn't quite put into words or even describe what that meant to me at the time. 
In a conversation today I was exploring what "true love" meant to me and how I have experienced it in my life. I have learned that fear, doubt, bitterness and resentment(amongst other negatives) block the connection that "true love" is to share between two people(in any context of any relationship, not just marriage) Those negative things build up walls so that "true love" can not connect in the way it is intended.  I felt unheard in the sense that my "heart," the being of who I am, was not being heard by those closest to me and quite possibly because those walls had been built up.  The times I have felt heard have been the times when there were no walls, and consequently believe "true love" could show itself wholly, but is also the time we can be most vulnerable and yet is also when we can truly touch another life. 

So what does this have to do with my weight loss journey? 
I believe when walls are built up in any part of our lives it blocks us from achieving and being all we are meant to be,even to be able to love ourselves enough to want to move forward in any area of our lives.  I think when we can have unconditional love("true love") for ourselves we can be content with where we are so that we can move forward, instead of always looking back or putting up walls to our own forward growth.  When we can learn to tear down the walls and be open to who we really are can we then be willing to turn and move in a forward direction instead of always looking back or stay in a holding pattern.
In a country song by Rascal Flatts, "Unstoppable", the words in the song say that love is unstoppable.  How true is it that when you can truly love oneself that you can then be truly unstoppable.

1 Corinthians 13:4–8a
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails ..

 
If you love yourself the way God intended you would be patient in your endeavors, you would be kind to yourself, you would not boast or be proud...etc.  You will not quit.  You will persevere (verb (used without object)
1.
to persist in anything undertaken; maintain a purpose in spite of difficulty, obstacles, or discouragement; continue steadfastly.
You will not fail! 
 
the walls are coming down.
I can be heard.
I can love myself.
I can be unstoppable. 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome logic & wisdom herein Warrior!

    BtW, You ARE heard, you ARE loved & you ARE unstoppable!!!

    Just keep after it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "So what does this have to do with my weight loss Journey?"
    Everything you learn from has a lot to do with your Transformation Journey. The little things add up to the big things. Everything is important and every day counts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I....am proud of YOU. and I listen to your words EVERY DAY and EVERY POST. don't look to the right or to the left, but keep true to the mark that is set before you.

    ReplyDelete

all comments will be moderated to prevent spamming of my blog posts. thank you. I would appreciate you identify yourself and not remain anonymous.