Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Getting Unstuck....part 2: Genesis

"Getting Unstuck" ...part 2.

"So often, people allow the opinions of others to hold them back and water down their dreams. We have to realize, there will always be critics and naysayers in life. One of the most important things you can learn is that other people don’t have to believe in you in order for your dreams to come to pass. Other people don’t set the limits for your life — you do. It’s not what others say about you that affects your life, but what you say and believe about yourself" Joel Osteen

I have to honestly say I have done this, allow the opinions of others to hold me back and water down my dreams.  So how do I get "unstuck" from that?
A few weeks ago I got "slammed" on a personal level.  But it was a wake up call to me.  For someone being so concerned about what other people think about me I didn't show myself  in a good light.  I was angry with myself thinking I should know better because of the way I've been taught.  Here I am claiming to be one thing and showing myself to be the opposite.
Our human nature is that of being selfish and thinking of our own desires and how things will affect "me".  But we can also be selfless, in that we would also help others beyond our own needs and wants.
So as I am processing all of this in my heart and mind these past weeks I've been reminded from several sources that I don't have to believe what others think about me.  I can also turn this negative around to a positive by bettering myself.  So how do I do that?
Every day is an opportunity to Renew my mind.  Everyday we Should Renew our minds!  Everyday is an opportunity to forgive and seek forgiveness....of oneself and others.  I am human.  I will make bad choices.  but it is my response to those choices and how I learn from those choices to make myself a better person because of it.
Mind Renewal is a Daily process.  It is instant, yet it is ongoing!
We are going to get "Stuck".  I think that is a given, but what is not a given is how long you stay stuck.  This quote kind of sums it up.
"Be careful about what you think and what you say during your times of trial and tribulation. The attitude you have while in the wilderness determines how long you stay there."
Getting stuck can be a momentary thing or it can be a long drawn out thing.  It all depends on what you think and say to yourself in those stuck situations.  This is really where our affirmations come into play.  We will always encounter situations or others people's opinions of us that are not "favorable".  Affirmations are our way of Renewing our minds and thoughts to the Truth of who we are and not being stuck in what other's think or say about us...that is why we can have so many affirmations as each day brings new encounters.  Every day I can create a new me.  Every day can be a Genesis encounter.

genesis
- a coming into being.  a beginning, creation, starting point..

"God, make a fresh start in me,
      shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life. "
(Psalm 51:10 The Message)

Tomorrow morning I leave for Albuquerque, New Mexico.  I will be celebrating my birthday with my brother and sister on Thursday.  I will be gone for two weeks.  I do not think I will have internet access.  If and when I do I will update you all as I can on the trip.  Sunday we will be driving from Albuquerque to a town northeast of Dallas(about a 12 hour drive) as my sister will be moving there.
I will be using this time as a "Genesis week".  I plan on using my downtime as a time of renewal and rejuvenation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

all comments will be moderated to prevent spamming of my blog posts. thank you. I would appreciate you identify yourself and not remain anonymous.