Tuesday, October 18, 2011

T-14 Jersey

In two weeks I will be on my way to New Jersey! I will be staying with Elaine for a week leading up to her 3rd Figure Competition. I am so excited!

A friend of mine shared this on her website and it really resonated with me,
" I am letting go of my old identity and discovering the new."

In legal terms, I will be doing just that next Monday as my divorce will be final in the courts. It will be the beginning of the next chapter in my life. It will be the starting of "discovering the new". A new beginning. What could truly be my "Genesis Week".

But sad to say, this past week has not been one of my best. No one said divorce would be easy, but damn, why do we have to treat each other so crappy. It has been a mentally tough week for me to replace those negative words with positives..not just replacing them, but to believe them.

I want all this crap to be done and over with and all the drama that comes with it to be done. I know life will still show up, but I am hoping such dramatic things will be diverted in the future and that I have hopefully learned some lessons for future reference. I really want this 5 year Anniversary Shred Mission to be a focused, unstoppable effort.
If you don't join me in the shred, at least come support me along the way. I (we all do, really) need all the encouragement and support I can get.
It is my hope to be able to reflect over the past 5 years of this journey as I go through this next Shred Mission. and to also Dream and look forward to what is to come. So shred or not, you don't want to miss reflections and lessons and dreams to come as I share with you all.
 
I don't think I've shared with you all yet. Starting on November 22, 2011 I will be starting a 12 week "Shred Mission" to commemorate my 5 year weight loss journey.  An 'anniversary' mission of sorts.  It was during this time frame that I started making changes in my life, mind, body, spirit.  I had found a fellow by the name of Adam Waters.  It was by his encouragement that I started blogging my weight loss journey.  So in a way, it is to celebrate with him the journey we have shared these past five years.  I will share my reflections from this time with you all.  I have also chosen this 12 week time frame as it was two years ago that I shared with my good friend, Sharon Harris from Australia, one of my best physique and internal transformations.  Since that time her and I have gone through some difficult times(individually of each other) so I'd like to do this shred mission as a way of a New Beginning.  Sharon had a huge impact on my life during our shred mission 2 years ago and I'd like to thank her by doing this "Anniversary" shred mission. The past two years has seen me start and "quit" many times due to life situations, but it is my intention to complete this next 12 week "mission".
 
So stay tuned within the next month as I journey through 12 weeks from November 22, 2011 to February 14, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

all comments will be moderated to prevent spamming of my blog posts. thank you. I would appreciate you identify yourself and not remain anonymous.