Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Muscle Mission: Day 2 Grandma's Wisdom

Grandma's Wisdom


Today's post isn't so much about physical transformation but more about love and life.  Love and Forgiveness is the essence of life!  When you love, you forgive.  When you forgive, you love.

IMG_0296_opt.jpg

I have the most beautiful Grandma in the world!  At least I think so!!  My grandma turned 90  this year September.  My grandpa passed away the day before my birthday 5 years ago.  They were married over 60 years!
I got to spend a few hours today talking with my Grandma talking about love and life.  As a child of divorced parents and have seen family members and friends go through divorce or separation and even having issues within my own marriage, I asked my grandma about being married for so long and about love.  My grandma cries just as much today and misses my grandpa just as much today as the day he passed away.  She still weeps for him because she misses him so.
I asked her, "How do you stay married so long, Grandma?"
Her answer, "A little bit of give and take."
"What does that mean, Grandma?"
"When you love each other, you don't yell at each other.  Don't hold a grudge.
When you argue or hurt each others feelings, forgive, as soon as you can, because you just don't know when you will lose that other person."
Grandma misses Grandpa so much.
Something else Grandma shared today, was the importance of touch.  A hug is healing.  It is a touch of caring.  It is Love.  A hug is healing because it is Love.  We all need hugs.  She relates a story from a Doctor visit she had recently.  After a regular check up Grandma hugs her Doctor and tells him those very words, "A hug is healing."  He replies, "I know."
Thank you Grandma, for being there for me today, for sharing your wisdom with this wee little child.  Thank you for your hug today.  Not only am I helping you to heal, but you are helping me.
As I see it, God has more work for Grandma to do before she goes to be with the love of her life.



Today was HIIT Cardio.  Elliptical.
Food was ok today.  When I was at my grandma's I did have a few chocolate chip cookies(which my mom made)
Today's pic.
Day 2 Dec 7 2010_opt.jpg

Affirmation statement:
I am Destined for Greatness.
I have the Power within me to do more than I could ever ask or imagine.
Every day my daily actions take me where I want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

all comments will be moderated to prevent spamming of my blog posts. thank you. I would appreciate you identify yourself and not remain anonymous.