Saturday, July 2, 2011

"U.S. of A." Day 1

U.S.of A.  = Unstoppable Summer of Awesomeness!!

This day is a New Beginning for me.  I believe I have come to a great place in my mindset, despite all that is going on around me.  True transformation starts in the mind!  It has taken me literally years to come to where I am today.  It hasn't been an easy road, but it has been worth it.  I am worth it!  It has finally sunk in that my worth is not dependent on what others think of me, or whether certain people are in my life. Nor does what I have been taught as a young person by way of example from others around me define who I am or my worth.   Nor do my circumstances define my worth.   My worth is found within.
I truly feel I am able to "Let Go" of those thoughts that have been contributing to holding me back, to truly believing in myself and achieving my dreams.

Today I feel relaxed and ready in mind and spirit.

My goals for the next 8 weeks
. (Participating in Elaine's Transformation Extravaganza)
I have really been thinking a lot about this.  I don't want to focus on scale weight.  But, I do want to work on reducing both my hips and waist measurements by at least 1 inch.  I also want to reduce bodyfat.(at this time I do not know what my BF% is. )  I did weigh myself tonight and found that I have lost some scale weight in just the past few days.  But my work load is different at work now, so I am walking a lot more throughout the day!
I weighed in at 158 lbs. today (I am 5'8" for those that don't know) I would like to weigh in at 150 lbs but with increased lean body mass that will be visibly evidenced by my before/after pictures.
I am "tempted" to attempt what I nearly accomplished last year in a previous Muscle mission of gaining 8 lbs LBM and losing 8 lbs fat.  and if i can do that in 8 weeks, that would be awesome!
I believe I can do it! 
and so that is my goal:  Gain 8, Lose 8 in 8 weeks. (Triple 8's)
How am I going to do this?
I decided today that I will do the Muscle program.
I have  yet to determine my calorie requirements but will do that over the weekend.
Obstacle #1:  of course the obvious one will be July 4th festivities.
Strategy:  take chicken to grill instead of eating hot dogs.   I will drink my green smoothie before I go, to make sure I get my greens in.
Obstacle #2:  my birthday on August 11.
Strategy:  choose healthy options to 'celebrate'.  I  don't need cake! or ice cream to celebrate.

Why am I doing this?
Because I can!  why not?
I want to regain the physique from Feb. 2010.
I want the inner results that it will take to achieve this goal...the Mind of a Champion!  I want to think like a Champion.  I want to act like a Champion.  I want to be a Champion.

Some bit of "history" from me.
As I was cleaning up my bedroom today, I found a copy of a "scale print out" from when I weighed myself back in 2006.  I don't know the exact date on it as that part has faded..but the rest shows clearly!
Here's what the print out says:
"Your weight 238.8 lbs
(allow 5.5 lbs for clothing)
Ideal weight: 143.6 lbs.
You are overweight 95.2 lbs"

Here's to  an Unstoppable Summer of Awesomeness!!


and the story continues!

1 comment:

all comments will be moderated to prevent spamming of my blog posts. thank you. I would appreciate you identify yourself and not remain anonymous.