Thursday, November 10, 2011

A New Beginning: A Genesis Week

A New Beginning: a Genesis Week

I have shared this blog title before.  Yet it seems to have taken on a new meaning.
The past five years I have been on a journey.  One would think it was a journey of weight loss, but it was so much more than that!  It was the journey of Suzette.
My "Genesis Week" started five years ago on July 30,  2006.  That was the day I set a goal to lose 30 lbs by Christmas of that same year.  But the decision to commit didn't happen until September 19, 2006 when I took that first "before" picture with at least a 40 inch waist and 50 inch hips.
That day was the beginning of what you now see today.  My body is not where I'd like it to be and neither is my inner man.  But that IS the journey!
What you see today is not the person you may have seen on July 30, 2006.  And such is the journey we all should be taking.  The one of transformation of mind, body, soul.  We should not be stagnant beings.  And we are NOT!  We are either growing or we are dying.  And quite possibly both!  If we are growing, then essentially a part of us is dying.  We have to let the old parts of us that held us back to die.  The Old parts of us have to die off so the New can come in and grow.
Just look at the eagle.  As an eagle goes through a molting of his wings he has to practically die for that to happen.  But he doesn't do this alone!  He has other eagles who have already gone through this molting process to feed him and help keep him alive as he doesn't have strength of his own to get his own food. (http://eaglez4worth.tripod.com/id89.html)read this link as it really tells the story of how I have been feeling)
My journey feels quite like the eagle's molting process.  It feels like my whole life has "died".  The me of yesterday has died.  I have been in a depression and the Eagles in my life have been feeding me, keeping me alive so my new wings can come in and grow so I can begin to fly once again, maybe even for the first time.  To Soar!  To soar high above the circumstances of life.  To Rise Above!
I am stepping out!  I am jumping!  more like being pushed, really! just like the adult eagles do with their young.  I'm either going to fall crashing to the ground or I will spread my wings and fly!
but I WILL fly!
I have been preparing for this day for five years, unbeknownst to me.  but God knew!  He already had it planned out.  People have been speaking into my life and I have been listening.
This past week with Elaine, has been so pivotal for me.  It was all in preparation of what was to come today.  I was able to really get my mind in a right place of peace and genuinely being OK.  To be able to put behind me and allow to die the pain of rejection and other negative beliefs and thoughts.  I've gone from just surviving the moments to being able to Live in the Moments and Love the Moments given to me.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...we are thinking alike, aren't we. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems we are! As long as we are moving forward and in the right direction...let's keep on.

    ReplyDelete

all comments will be moderated to prevent spamming of my blog posts. thank you. I would appreciate you identify yourself and not remain anonymous.