Friday, November 18, 2011

T-3 days to Mission 5: Genesis

I have decided to start up my 5 year Anniversary shred mission on Monday, November 21, 2011, instead of Tuesday. Still to finish up on February 14, 2012.
I am nervously excited about this Mission. After nearly two years of health and personal issues, I am a little bit nervous about this Shred Mission. I am feeling the pressure of putting myself out there (even though there are not many here).
While I've had overall success at losing weight and keeping it off(even after gall bladder surgery), I have felt like I have not yet come close to my own potential. In February 2009 I did feel like I was in the best shape of my life, but I know there is more in me.
I have grown much over the past 20 months(I can't believe it's been that long already, let alone five years!) spiritually, mentally and emotionally. At 42 years old, I feel like I've finally grown up in ways.
But here I find myself at major turning points in my life. I feel like I have endured some of the hardest times in my life the past year, the greatest growth phase of my short life. I find myself not just at the end of a phase in my life(the end of a 21 year marriage and the end of an 8 year job, within 2 weeks of each other) but at the Beginning of something New and Exciting. For most of my life I feel like I have lived in fear. But, with such big changes happening in my life so close to each other, I am finding myself Unafraid. I feel like I am finally walking in the faith I have so many times shared with you all here. A faith I questioned of myself so many times.
What was the turning point for me in not living in fear?
It happened to be a week in New Jersey. There are so many words to describe what that trip meant to me.
Letting go of the past.
Letting go of guilt.
Completely forgiving...of myself and those I felt wronged me.
Changing my perspective.
Refocus.
Renewal.
Setting new goals.
Dreaming again.
Living the moments.
Loving the moments.
Knowing I am OK.
Being Thankful for each and every moment.
Through all of that, receiving Peace.

Elaine, from NotJustaDaydream.com, happened to be the vessel through which all of that came.

So my heart races once again at the onset of yet another "mission". Stay tuned for Day 1 of Mission 5: "Genesis"

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear of that "next" mission!! It sounds like your trip was exactly what you needed, and Elaine a Godsend. Wishing you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine WAS a Godsend! and so are you!
    Stay tuned for day 1 on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzette! I'm just getting caught up on your blog. I can't believe how much has changed. You look fantastic, and kudos to you for going starting this mission with all that you've been through. Here's to new beginnings!

    ReplyDelete

all comments will be moderated to prevent spamming of my blog posts. thank you. I would appreciate you identify yourself and not remain anonymous.