Monday, June 6, 2011

Turning Overwhelming into Overcoming

Indeed I was feeling quite overwhelmed by different situations in my life recently and by compounding them together made it overwhelming hence the way I was feeling.
But I was reminded by my mentor yesterday that I need to not compound these different things as it only leads to feelings of overwhelm..and that it was.
Look at the things that are happening in your life one at a time.
And deal with them separately- and one at a time
If not they will seem to multiply.

When I said this,
"Right now all I want to do is crawl into bed and just sleep the rest of the day away so I don't have to think about anything..I want to withdraw. I want to retreat. "
This is what happens when we get overwhelmed with issues that we either add or multiply together- this compromises our problem solving skills.
Deal with one thing at a time- do not allow them to build up- that is when we get overwhelmed.


Today I am focusing on the good that can and will come from each of these different circumstances, individually..one at a time. By doing that I can eliminate the negative feelings associated with these "events". By thinking of them separately and one at a time it will eliminate the feeling of overwhelm and I can actually become an Overcomer!
I will get back into my training program and will get the food issues under control. Besides my mindset, those are the two things I can control.

2 comments:

  1. I like this post, Suzette. I tend to let myself become overwhelemed as well, though usually with things I have no control over. Over the past several months I find my mind going out of control with worry and anxiety and I say outloud to myself, "Stop! I can do nothing about this situation. God, it is yours." And yes, sometimes I repeat that to myself five minutes later. Change of learning to let go is slow, but I am learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the things we can not control that we seem to get overwhelmed with because we think of all those things together and associate them together as though they are one problem...but we can not do that.
    Keep on repeating that! The more we say it the more it will become. There are many things in life we do not have control over, but there are a few things we do..and this is our thoughts and what we do and put into our bodies.
    We do need to remind ourselves over and over again that He is in control and to just trust Him!

    ReplyDelete

all comments will be moderated to prevent spamming of my blog posts. thank you. I would appreciate you identify yourself and not remain anonymous.