Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dare...Boldly 2011: T-182: Secretariat

"It's about life being ahead of you and you run at it."
I just got back from see the movie, "Secretariat."  The following is a review of the movie "Secretariat" from a Christian point of view..  I love what they are saying and I think it speaks volumes to us going for our dreams and to give it all we got.  It doesn't matter what other people say about us or whether or not we can do a certain thing. What does matter is that you believe in your dreams and you don't let anything stop you even when faced with "incredible odds."  This movie really made me think of such a Champion right here.
'Secretariat” is an inspiring film based on the true story of a housewife and a horse who rise victoriously to overcome incredible odds.
 
“Secretariat” speaks to us all. To find what we were made for and to live it without regret. “Because you never know how far you can go unless you run.”
 
Secretariat” can be summed up in one verse. 2 Timothy 4:7 says,
“I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”
It is a story of perseverance through hardship and struggle. While history tells us the outcome, the film also tells us failure isn’t in losing the race, it’s in not running. 1 Corinthians 9:24 says to “…run in such a way as to get the prize.” The Contemporary English Version says “…run to win.” The heart of the story, like the scripture, is not in the actual winning, it’s in the effort, in giving all you’ve got.
 
As we prepare for and run our race, we must learn to stay focused on Jesus.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God” —Hebrews 12:1-2.
“Secretariat” opened and closed with quotes from the Bible (Job 39:19-24)
Job 39:19-24
 19 “Do you give the horse its strength
   or clothe its neck with a flowing mane?
20 Do you make it leap like a locust,
   striking terror with its proud snorting?
21 It paws fiercely, rejoicing in its strength,
   and charges into the fray.
22 It laughs at fear, afraid of nothing;
   it does not shy away from the sword.
23 The quiver rattles against its side,
   along with the flashing spear and lance.
24 In frenzied excitement it eats up the ground;
   it cannot stand still when the trumpet sounds.
 
Loved this movie!!

2 comments:

  1. Great Christian movie review, Suzette! (By the way, do you go by Suz or Suzette?) I loved the movie, and just told my daughter the other day that it was one I was going to have to purchase. Of course, Mike Rich, the writer, is from Portland, so I am partial to his movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually NOT my review, it is one I found on the net...I just forgot to link the site.Here is the link to the review. sorry to mislead you.
    http://christiananswers.net/spotlight/movies/2010/secretariat2010.html
    I go by Suzette, "Suz" just fit the title better for me.
    After I saw the movie, I told myself I must buy this movie. Lots of good inspirational stuff!

    ReplyDelete

all comments will be moderated to prevent spamming of my blog posts. thank you. I would appreciate you identify yourself and not remain anonymous.