Friday, January 21, 2011

Dare...Boldly 2011: T-190: Just One at a Time

Mind, Body, Soul

Today's Eats: I love leftovers! I have been "batch" cooking some foods. Yesterday I made more chili and have enough for several meals. I also made a new chicken recipe for diner today. Walnut encrusted chicken, with baked red potatoes(coated with extra virgin olive oil and onion soup mix) Yummy! I made enough for four meals. So the next few days will be chili and chicken/potatoes with Broccoli. I also am drinking my green smoothies to get my greens in.
Today's workout: 30 minutes steady state cardio with abs. I am feeling the abs from Tuesday's workout.
Today's Attitude: Thankful. I am thankful that I can come here and share with you. I am thankful to Adam Waters for having a dream and going for it. I would not be where I am today if Adam did not keep pressing on and share his own journey. It was his blog that inspired me to start my own back in April 2007.  At that time I still needed to lose another 45 lbs!  Not only have I lost over 90 lbs, but I have also "gained" so much more in support and encouragement and so many new friends along the way..as well as increased self-confidence and increased self-esteem.  I've grown physically, spiritually, mentally.  I am thankful for all that I've gone through to get me to where I am today. 
Today's Gratitude: I am grateful for the 30 minutes my six year old sat on my lap while watching a movie(Avatar) with me at home tonight. The few precious moments a mom can have with her "baby". They grow up so fast and don't want to be with you anymore. Our Daniel is truly a "miracle" as he nearly lost his life back in the summer of 2008 from pneumonia and fluid on his heart/lung. So I treasure every little precious moment with him like this(when he is not being a "naughty" boy.)
Today's Thoughts: I was thinking about recent blog posts. I was thinking about the impact we can have on so many people by sharing our stories and life experiences and successes. That is why sites like this are created. That is why we blog. But it all starts with one! It starts with touching one life! And then one more. And then one more. It's not really about all the people we want to touch..but the next one. And the exciting thing is, you never know who that "one" person is going to be!
It is my hope and prayer..and maybe even "dream" to just touch one life...and then one more...and then...
Just like my transformation journey...It started with just one! That One time it took to make one decision to just do it! That One decision has changed my own life! Then I had to take it just one day at a time, one meal at a time, one workout at a time.
Today's Pic: Just one more...day at a time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

all comments will be moderated to prevent spamming of my blog posts. thank you. I would appreciate you identify yourself and not remain anonymous.