Saturday, January 22, 2011

Dare...Boldly 2011: T-189: Visualize, with emotion

Body, Mind, Soul


Today's Eats:  Leftovers!  Quick, easy, all ready made!  Reheat and eat!  Plus two "green" smoothies.
Today's Workout: Muscle C.  A great workout!  I am finding this week that I can and should push so much more on my legs.  I will push harder next week!  I will up the intensity level.
Today's Attitude:  Unstoppable!  What an awesome week so far!  I truly feel I am in a place I haven't been in quite some time.  I am strong in mind.  I am strong in Spirit.  I've had a few "tests" of resolve this week, but have overcome and not allowed those "outside" influences to derail me this week.  I have kept my focus.  I am determined.  Today, I am Unstoppable!
Today's Gratitude:  I am so grateful I have workout equipment at home so I can workout in the "comfort" of my own home. I do not have to travel on snowy roads or be away from home any longer than I have to. I am grateful for the ability to even be able to lift weights and to train my body.
Today's Thoughts:  One of the things I've been thinking about today is the power of visualization.  I have three big dreams/goals this year.(trip to Australia, photo shoot, write an e-book)  Right now, they seem like a far way off and it may seem an impossible feat looking at current "conditions".  But I know in order to reach those dreams I must focus on the end goal.  I must keep my eyes looking straight ahead.  There can be no doubt!  I can not look at what the circumstances or present conditions say.  I can not look down, or to the left or the right.  As soon as I do, I will start sinking!
I really think you need to have a powerful driving force that is positively, emotionally charged.  To make it even more powerful, attaching an image or vision for it in your mind is key.  It is the visualization that you have already reached your goal.  You have to see it as if you are already there.  You have to feel it in your spirit and being.  You have to feel all the emotions of that moment and time.
For me, it has started out with my planned trip to Australia in August.  What I have been doing is visualizing myself actually in Australia stepping off the plane on Australian soil and seeing my friend Sharon Harris for the first time in person.   I feel every emotion of the whole trip, from the nervousness of flying overseas by myself for the first time in my life, to the joy and excitement of meeting Sharon for the first time and even the tears of  good bye.  I can feel the hugs and tears of joy of feeling this dream realized.  I can feel the elation of celebrating my birthday there with our Aussie friends.
So what I am going to do is utilize this same positively, emotionally charged, powerful driving force towards the photo shoot.  The photo shoot is driven by two forces.  One being the Pro Photo Cover(hopefully updated version for Elaine's web page!).  I imagine how awesome I will feel to have these pics made and knowing I gave it my all to reach a physique I can be proud to show off, especially after coming so far in my journey and overcoming so many seemed obstacles.  I have to think about myself actually being there at the photo shoot.  I have to see in my mind how awesome and tight and ripped I will look.  To be able to say, "That's Me!  Look how far I have come!  If I can do this, anybody can!"  To be able to look at those pics and say, "YES!!"
I am also using the photo shoot as a driving force for my trip to Australia to be in the best shape of my life.  I do not want to meet Sharon, or even Adam, all frumpy and soft.  lol.
The feelings with the book are of the joy of finishing it and knowing that it just may touch someones life.  To know that I can have an impact on someones life by sharing my story.  How awesome will that be?!
The visualization not only requires you to see it "as if"...but to also feel everything about it...to live it in your mind as if it has already happened.  It is putting a powerful, positive, emotionally charged, driving force behind your dreams.
Of course to add to that visualization is the power of belief...without doubt!

Today's Pic: a work in progress...one day at a time.
suz front 01-21-11_opt.jpg

Today's Visualizations:
Suzette in Oz with Sharon
oz vis pic 2011_opt.jpg
Suzette at her "best"..but the "best" is yet to come...so this is the first step!
january 22 three views_opt.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Hey, love the idea to visualize - with emotion! That makes it so much more powerful. And I like today's visualization images. Great! I can't wait to read your e-book. I'd say you will inspire many, but you already do! Sharing again on Forging Faith and Fitness FB page!

    ReplyDelete

all comments will be moderated to prevent spamming of my blog posts. thank you. I would appreciate you identify yourself and not remain anonymous.