Friday, February 11, 2011

Dare...Boldly 2011: T-169: Audacity!

Today's Eats:  all good.  eggs/oatmeal, green smoothie, chicken/spinach wraps, protein drink, ending night with organic popcorn.

Today's Workout:  Muscle B.  still going higher with either reps or weight.  Feeling strong.

Today's Attitude:  uplifted

Today's Gratitude:  I am so grateful that I am a source of inspiration and can provide motivation and accountability to those around me who desire a change in their life.

Today's Thoughts:  Many times I have wondered if I am doing what I should be doing in life.  And I have often wondered why we have to go through some tough things in life(illness, death, relationship issues, financial woes,etc).  But I am learning that 'God gives people the exact experiences He wants them to have in order to shape the specific destiny He's designed for them.'(Steven Furtick)
I believe when you have dreams and goals that have a greater purpose than just ourselves that sometimes there are signs that show you that you are on the right track.  I think we receive those signs all along, we just don't recognize them until we look back or they are so obvious they just jump right in your face.  I feel like I am seeing both such kinds of signs.  This is how we know we are walking in our Divine Destiny.
One such recent sign for me is confirmation of this years theme of "Dare....Boldly"  I came up with this thought back on January 11.  My thoughts were, "what if I decide to dare to think, pray, dream, believe, and live boldly for my dreams and goals?  What if I dare boldly to go beyond where I previously tought I could go in my physique, in inspiring other people, in doing things and going places I never dreamed?  Am I on the right track with all this "daring...boldly" stuff?"
Today a confirmation for me for "Daring....Boldly" I found in a book, "Sun Stand Still" by Steven Furtick.  In it, he talks about having an audacious faith.  What happens when you dare to ask God for the impossible?
What does that mean?

Audacity:  Boldness or daring, especially with confident disregard for personal comfort [or] conventional thought.

There it is!!!  right there in the definition...boldness and daring!
Right there in his book are the very thoughts I have been having and sharing with you all in my blogs.  He talks about a "Higher Level,"  which is very close to what I have been sharing.
Here's what he says,
"You are about to discover what happens when you dare to believe God for the impossible, ask God for the impossible-then act in audacious faith for his glory.  You're about to discover that faith is not a drug to sedate you through a life you hate.  It's a force to transport you to another realm of reality." (the words in bold highlight what my thoughts have been in my blog posts)  To live with audacious faith will never be the easiest way to live, and actually it  seems downright intimidating.  But what an exciting way to live. "Do not be afraid.  What can mere man do to me?"
This "Daring ...boldly"  for me has not happened just over night.  It has taken me several years of going through life and learning to believe in myself.  Learning to believe I have a "voice."  I have come to learn that what I thought was about me and my goals really is not about me at all.  Our True Destiny is not about  "ME" but about how we can serve others.  It's about touching the next person..and the next...and the next.
With that, my brother , Scott, has referred one of his friends from high school to me today. So that makes three people in the past two weeks who have sought me out for support/help/accountability.

When you start to "Dare to think, pray, ask, dream, believe, live Boldly"...when you start living with Audacity, doors will start to open up you never could have opened yourself.  And this is only the beginning!

I am Unstoppable!



Today's Scripture: 
“Sun, stand still over Gibeon,
   and you, moon, over the Valley of Aijalon.
So the sun stood still,
   and the moon stopped,
   till the nation avenged itself on its enemies,    as it is written in the Book of Jashar.
   The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day."
~Joshua 10:12-13 (NIV)
P.S. no pics.

1 comment:

  1. Once again, Suzette, amazing words! You are living boldly with your faith in yourself, others and God. Can't wait until we "meet"!

    ReplyDelete

all comments will be moderated to prevent spamming of my blog posts. thank you. I would appreciate you identify yourself and not remain anonymous.